About British Section > Section Council > Introduction > council_introduction
|Section Council Introduction|
|2011 British Section Council Annual General Meeting|
The role of the British Section Council is to lead and govern the general running specific to the British Section and to elect one representative to the overall governing body of TES; namely the TES Board of Governors.
The responsibilities of each elected member include: attending a monthly evening meeting, representing an overall view of the running and development of the British Section, and to help guide and support the members of the school management in their daily duties.
With reference to the British Section Council Constitution, the British Section Council is responsible for the following:>
1. The Council is responsible for preparing a clear statement of the British Section philosophy and
objectives. This philosophy should be reviewed on a regular basis and taken into consideration
whenever possible changes of policy are under discussion.
2. The Council is responsible for establishing the policies for the Heads of British Infant, Junior and
Secondary Sections who will administer the school.
3. The Council is responsible for establishing working committees when deemed necessary. A
committee will consist of at least 3 members.
4. The Council is responsible for ensuring the school’s curriculum is taught to the highest standard.
5. The Council is responsible for a periodic evaluation of the school, taking into consideration the
school stated philosophy and goals.
The Council is primarily responsible for the management of the British Section affairs such as:
1. Appointment and discharge of employees and other personnel associated with the British Section
with the input of management of the British Section;
2. Approval and implementation of the British Section business plans;
3. Review and approval of the British Section budget and financial statements before their submission to the TES Board.
Council Meeting Agendas and Bullet points
Key discussion points from recent British Section Council Meetings are available here:
|British Secondary and High School Section Council 2011-2012|